Why is goal-setting so important?
- Provides clarity around job expectations and performance measures
- Creates self-awareness around current skills, strengths and areas requiring improvement
- Helps determine future desired skills and a roadmap to get there
- Gives people an opportunity to better define their vision of success
- Encourages people to think outside of the box, beyond simply “meeting expectations”
- Provides a deeper meaning of their role and its connection to the bigger picture of the organization